Modern Foreign Languages Statement of Intent
At Ribby with Wrea we aim to enable our children to celebrate and welcome differences in our world. It is, therefore, vital that the children have an understanding of different languages and countries. By introducing and exposing our children to this they will have a deepened ability to show respect and play a valuable part in our global society. To achieve this end point, we aim, through our French curriculum to inspire a love of language as part of their lifelong learning journey.
Our aims in teaching a language are:
· To develop an interest in learning a language.
· To introduce young children to another language in a way that is enjoyable and stimulating.
· To stimulate and encourage children’s curiosity about language.
· To help children develop their awareness of cultural differences in other countries.
· To develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
· To lay the foundations for future language learning.
Useful Websites for home learning: www.languagesonline.org.uk https://www.french-games.net/frenchtopics
Mrs Young is the Subject Leader and Mr Wood is the Associated Governor.